Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Too Attached

So I hope everybody had a wonderful spring break. I went to Miami and I had a really good time. The only downfall that I had was that I took my laptop with me so I could try and be productive on some of my off time but instead my computer decided to break on me. I have no idea how it broke. The man at best buy tried to explain it to me what the problem was but basically told me they couldn't help me with my issue. Anyways, I can no longer turn it on and I'm feeling out of my element. I'm realizing that I am way too attached to my laptop. It is just a Dell laptop but I feel that I am missing a leg or an arm. While not being able to use my computer I've realized I've become way too dependent on it and I sometimes don't know how to do some of the simple things without a computer. Maybe it's because a lot of my work is on there but that's not even my main concern. I just like being able to have access to MY computer, not the schools or my roommates. So you're probably wondering why I'm telling you this. Well the thing is, I wanted to know if I'm the only one who feels like their missing a major part of their life when they don't have their laptop. If you have never lost or broken your computer try and think of yourself without it. I don't know, maybe I'm just too attached.

Kiah

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel. When I lost my phone recently, I felt so stranded. I was not only isolated, but I realized that I didn't really know how to use a pay phone. How ridiculous is that! I got to the pay phone by my house and I stood there, for quite some time, trying to figure out how much money I needed and if I was going to have to dial out before I could dial my friends number. I was a mess. I am so attached to all of my electronic gadgets, I don't even realize how ingrained they are to my very fiber. I don't think about them as technology. Rather, I think of them as additional appendages that make my life easier. When I'm without them (cell phone, computer, iPod) I feel as if I'm missing something vital to my existence. I really need to work on it. That can't be healthy. Can it?

    --Porsche

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiah i can totally relate to what you're going through. I once had to send my computer back to the manufacturer and I felt like I was going to die. And to think, it was only for a week! And even then I was borrowing someones computer or in the computer lab.

    ReplyDelete