Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Making a World of Difference

Have you ever though about how much of an impact that you can make by practicing PR? I was thinking about this very topic yesterday while I was being asked to save a stranger's life. There was not literally a stranger sitting in front of me asking for help. Instead there were two women asking if I would join the national bone marrow donor registry list. I later found out that there was going to be a two day drive held on campus to add donors to the list. Prior to speaking to these women I was not aware of the upcoming drive. That made me think what a world of difference a great PR team could make to aid in this cause.
PR is not always about getting celebrity clients the best press or creating positive images for multi-million dollar companies. PR is no different from any other profession it is truly about helping people. Now I’m not saying that only PR people that work for non-profit organizations are worthy of praise but instead I am reminding all of us myself included that it is always important to give back and use your professional talents to impact your community and the world. We all have the gift of getting people's attention and persuading them towards certain things. Let's make sure that at some point we use these gifts to help others. How do you think we can use our PR talent’s to help save the world?

-Nicole Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment