Saturday, February 28, 2009

Foriegn Policy PR issues

So, yesterday, I was watching the news, as I often do. The current story was about the war in Iraq and terrorism in general. As I watched it, I thought about all the things I have heard about the war and terrorism and U.S. Policies, and I contemplated how I could see this terrorism problem being solved.
Of course, being a P.R. Major, I had to look at it from a PR Perspective. Because that is essentially what I see this war to be. I say that because no amount of military might or troops can stop determined minds, unless, of course, all the determined minds are killed. We learned that in Vietnam, and currently, in the ongoing conflict in Iraq. So, in the face of the continued threat of terrorism and extremism, and in the face of a war that has lasted for more than half a decade, what steps should the U.S. take to win the minds of the people away from terrorism and extremism in the middle east?

Mandla Deskins

No comments:

Post a Comment